I am a recruiter at Mercury Marine and am currently trying to get word out about a Materials Engineer opportunity we have. This is open to recent graduates so I was looking at the ASM Milwaukee Chapter
and found your name. I am attaching the description below.
If you, or anyone you know, may be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consolidated Recruiting Team
Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation
Ready to engineer a truly exciting product?
Bring your talents to the leader in marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in recreational marine propulsion engines. Enjoy career growth opportunities and the chance to work for a true leader designing fun, exciting products that are the talk of the market!
- Provide Test Request failure analysis of components returned from internal testing, field failures and warranty claims.
- Through consultation with Test Requesters, determine the extent of testing required, level of urgency and the most cost and time effective manner to achieve the stated goals.
- Provide expert guidance to design engineering, manufacturing, sourcing quality and purchasing through analysis of process development samples to assess production readiness.
- Perform production qualification (PPAP, SITR) work for externally sourced components.
- Support sourcing initiatives through qualification of new vendors, processes and materials.
- Provide new product material and processing recommendations of aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, brass and bronze alloys.
- Support the adoption of new materials and processes by leading the technical data collection and risk/reward analysis needed to make those decisions.
- Record results of work performed, conclusions and recommendations in clear, concise and timely reports.
- Operation and maintenance of all materials laboratory equipment, including both destructive and non-destructive methods of inspection.
What you bring to our winning team:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master’s Degree, preferred. (Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering)
- “Hands on” experience in a materials laboratory or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of metallic materials selection, fabrication processes, manufacturing processes, manufacturing sequences, quality systems, and interpretation of technical drawi